In this week's newsletter, I'm sharing some wisdom I heard in Seth Godin's podcast about ‘getting picked‘. My clients who followed the Motivation Mindsetprogram already know about this, but I wanted to share this particular story with you too.
The idea that Seth shares with us is that we have a deep-rooted belief in our culture that we need to be ‘picked' before we can do something.
Maybe you believe you need to get an award in your field before you can become a public speaker, maybe you believe you need a publisher before writing your book and maybe you believe you need to be picked for a job and that there's nothing you can do to make it easier for yourself (and future employer).
This kind of thinking made sense until 30 years ago, but we need to get used to the fact that we don't need to wait to be picked, but that we can build our very own road towards our goals.
You can listen to Seth Godin's episode here, it's a really good one.
And I want to give you some practical tips on how to get on with this yourself:
- Ask yourself; what is your (unrealistic) dream in life?
- What do you need for that to happen? Be specific.
- Who do you need for that to happen?
- Can you do this yourself?
- How much time do you need to set aside for this?
- Is it worth it?
With these few questions I want to send you into the weekend and I really hope you will stop believing that you ‘need to get picked‘ before you can continue what you're meant to do on this planet.
In this week's podcast
We're talking about why summer is the perfect time to work on your big plans. Not sure exactly how to get started? This week's episode is to help you take those first steps.
I'm also answering a client question about how to find your ideal client.
Do you have a question for me for on the podcast?
It's really easy!
Happening in my business this week:
- I just got back from an inspiring workation in the US, writing this newsletter with a tremendous jetlag and I will reflect more on my trip in one of the upcoming podcast episodes.
- Slowly getting started again, taking it easy this week and hosting just 2 calls and next week everything will be up and running again.
- Reviewing Q2, very much looking forward to that and I will share that too (and how you can do that for your own business as well) in one of the next podcasts.
Have a great rest of your week and talk soon!
All the best,
Join my Private Facebook Group (monthly free trainings)
Connect with me on Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Weekly business advice on my podcast on Spotify
Rather watch? Check out my channel on Youtube